As the Competent Harbour Authority (CHA) for the Port of Poole, Poole Harbour Commissioners (PHC) provide pilotage 24 hours a day, 7days a week. The Port of Poole Pilotage Directions define PHC’s area of jurisdiction and the requirements for compulsory pilotage within it. It also defines circumstances under which Pilotage Exemption Certificates (PEC’s) are issued.
Poole Harbour Commissioners will:
– Ensure that our pilotage service is compliant with national regulations, guidelines and competency standards.
– Review and maintain our Pilotage Directions to ensure that they are in accord with the current safety management plan
– Maintain a competent and authorised pilotage force.
– Maintain a fully supported Pilotage Service.
– Administer the PEC system to ensure that all PEC applicants and holders fully meet the requirements laid down in Pilotage Directions and Guidance